Monday, April 18, 2011

This was my inspiration room.  But the accent colors aren't what I would do.  I want an off-white bedspread, not white, not ivory, somewhere in-between so I have more flexibility in accents (white or off-white).  Of course, I would embroider some throw pillows probably white with off white thread.  Maybe an off-white/ivory pillow with some taupe (a bee perhaps)?  Re-upholster my chairs in an off-white fabric with some texture for interest.  Dark furniture, not black.  (Sarah Richardson)




Of course I will use these lamps (Restoration Hardware)











I have this quilt ready to go

Maybe a headboard made of fake leather like (Restoration Hardware):


Maybe a picture with these colors (Bed, Bath & Beyond) - OR shell posters in post from 6/30:

I got this quilt in porcelain blue from Pottery Barn:



or this:  (Pottery Barn)
Green throw (or maybe something more aqua)

Here are the fabrics for my throw pillows.
I'll do 2 - 24inch in the sea fabric with green beading trim
I'll embroider coral in cream on the green silk in a 12x16 lumbar.




I'm planning on doing 2 embroidered pillows (14 inch?), 1 for each chair.  Maybe a blue crab, starfish, or octopus.



Mostly taupe/brown with some pale blue/green accents like the seahorses.
Pottery Barn

Use blue/green/purple instead of red
SRC embroidery

In winter, switch to darker colors, like (Pottery Barn):




No comments:

Post a Comment