Saturday, July 9, 2011

TV purchased

I was at Best Buy tonight and purchased a TV.  It was more than I wanted to pay, but I think I got a pretty good deal.  It is a 46" Toshiba.  Retail is $899, Amazon has it for $600 and I got an open box (meaning somebody returned it) for $499.

I also bought the mounting kit.  Best Buy will come install it on 7/30.  In the meantime I need to:
get an outlet moved 
buy a Blu-Ray player or Roku box
upgrade to HD with Time Warner Cable
get HD box
figure out where to out blu-ray player & TWC box.  They can go in a remote location, but I will need a univeral remote.  OR, I can get a box that will make all the devices remote (repeater, approx $200).  This might be a longer term solution, the boxes might just sit on the floor for now (despite how much I DO NOT want cables showing).  

Here it is:

http://us.toshiba.com/tv/lcd/46g310u/


And here is how the size looks on my wall, not as big as I thought it might look.
Notice that you can see my smaller shell prints in the chairs for the bathroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment